Best collaborations of all time

Collaboration in a marketing world is crucial and really important in creating something different and  unique. It's a way of spreading awareness about certain things, a source of inspiration and motivation. For my final year project, I chose to do a collaboration between two brands, Timorous Beasties and Byredo. While I was making that choice, I began to wonder, what are some of the most iconic collaborations in fashion, beauty or accessories?


In my opinion, Rihanna has some of the most iconic fashion collaborations of all time. The Rihanna x Puma was a massive success and it still is up to this day. My friend is obsessed with the sneakers to the point where she's re-buying them. I personally love the collection too, I find the sneakers very unique and they still are up to this day. I mean, they've been around for a good 4-5 years. In those years, tons of brands tried to re-create the style of the shoe and it's understandable why.
Another truly iconic collaboration that Rihanna has done is the one with Manolo Blahnik. I cannot even begin how much I adore Blahnik.. And to see the most stunning female in the world collaborate with the most rewarding shoe designer is heart-warming. I remember buying one of my not many Vogue magazines because the cover was dedicated to their collaboration and it is still one of my most favourite covers of all time.


Another inspiring collaboration in the fashion world is Nike x Off-White. Virgil Abloh is the patron saint of the self-made social media set, and his Nike collaboration epitomizes our modern obsessions with making it big and making it our own. Virgil is known for being inspirational besides his creations but these sneakers are very unique, exceptional. This collaboration was very succesful making the sneakers the 'most coveted sneakers of the year'. 


Another shoe collaboration that completely changed the game for sneakers for good. The Jordan brand for Nike. Is it a collaboration or a full-time partnership? By the looks of it, it's now full-time thing but I'm pretty sure that at first it was just a collaboration. And that makes it to the list of iconic collaborations. 


Another collaboration that was extremely hiped up is the Louis Vuitton x Supreme. A lot of celebrities were raving about the pieces, posting them on social media and featuring in their day-to-day lives. 
The story of how the collaboration happened is quite funny actually. Way back inthe 2000s, Supreme used LV logo and got sued by Louis Vuitton. All of this resulted in the collaboration later on for the menswear Autumn/Winter 2017 runway. 


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram