MANOLO: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards

Right off the bat, Manolo Blahnik is one of the best shoe designers out there. It doesn't matter if you would wear the shoes or if you just adore them as fashion masterpieces (at least that's what I do since I'm not a massive heel wearer). Everyone adores Manolo Blahnik as an individual and as an artist. And after I saw the movie, I perfectly understand why they do so.


The movie was truly inspiring and aesthetically pleasing. We get the insight on Mr Blahnik himself and on how he works as a designer and that's always interesting to have a peek at. Did you know that Manolo Blahnik executes and creates the shoe, the base model, the sample himself before he lets everyone else get to work? I found that really interesting and unique about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he's the only one who does so or at least one of the minority of shoe designers out there. The relationship between Blahnik and his work, his passion is just breathtaking, it almost looks so effortless... The way he sketches his shoes, the way he works on them, he just has that calm and pleased expression on his face. And that's one of the many things I adore about him as an individual.
His personality is also very charming and appealing. Blahnik has that charisma and attitude that is just somehow warm and welcoming. The little stories that Anna Wintour, David Bailey, André Leon Talley, Paloma Picasso and, of course, Manolo Blahnik was telling were just full of joy and lightness. There were moments where I cracked a smile up to my ears or even let out a laugh..

All the love in the world,
Karolina x


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram