Retail in New York

One of the main goals for this trip was to visit as many retail spaces as possible. We knew a few that we really wanted to visit, some of them we saw randomly and other ones were a recommendation. I have looooooooads of pictures of my phone, but I had to narrow it down to my favourite ones (I already told you about Longchamp and Gucci)

DIOR 105 Greene St, Soho

I've always been a fan of Dior aesthetic and elegance, this window display is not an exception. The outfit is very classy and chic, the design is not too over the top and dramatic. The white tissue (?) ornaments (?) wallpaper (?) I don't even know how to call this, but it acted beautifully as a simple plain background.



Balmain creates astonishing and chic pieces and I always adore what Olivier Rousteing creates. But I noticed that Balmain doesn't do beautiful window displays or crazy interior design. Just like fashion, the inside is very minimal and chic, it lets the clothes speak for themselves. I also adore how they just hang a dress and put a pair of fabulous shoes next to it instead of dressing up a mannequin. Laziness?   Wisdom? Still, love it!

I have not been a huge fan of Chanel's garment recently, but their bags and shoes always look stunning and classy (duhhh, it's Chanel people). I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED the interior design of the store! It's very trendy and aesthetically pleasing, a lot of marble details, Mix&Match in materials (carpet, glass, brick wall, white lights), the colour palette is also very minimal and not eye-catching, mostly B&W with neutral tones.


Commes Des Garçons Boutique 520 W 22nd St, Chelsea 
The interior design is fucking incredible. It's sooooo beautiful and modern. The gold details really give extra UMPH! to everything in there. Since the majority of clothing is B&W, the interior designer really decided to go all out with the inside and the outside of the store and I applaud the entire creative design team for that! The staff was incredibly welcoming as well, we had a nice little chat, they gave us some water, my friend even bought the famous pair of Commes Des Garçons x Converse collaboration shoes for her and for her partner (how adorable is that?!)


The concept of the store is very 'Upper East Side and Gossip Girl' like. You stroll around the shop, try on some gorgeous pieces, buy them and then reward yourself with a cup of tea and a croissant. Or even if you don't feel like shopping at Ralph Lauren, you can still go in and drink your afternoon coffee or tea at the little cafe. Now, how fancy is that?

All the love in the world,
Karolina x


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram