TATE MODERN LONDON

Hello, my dear readers!
Over the last weekend, I visited London, the city that I've always loved and adored as a little girl. 

Growing up, Westminster was the dream of me, but now that I'm all grown up and my mindset is more mature, I really wanted to check out the Tate Modern. If you don't know what Tate Modern is, it's Londons' contemporary art museum, mostly. Every exhibition is different: one can have Picasso masterpieces and another one can have modern installations and light shows. 


Speaking of Picasso, he's probably my favourite artist/painter of all time, so to spot his work in one of the many exhibitions at Tate Modern was breathtaking and somewhat nostalgic (I visited his museum in Barcelona last year, absolutely loved it!). I responded to the painting side by side with other two most adored works of his in my sketchbook, analysed the colour palette.


Besides feeling nostalgic, I also felt truly inspired and mesmerised by the artworks who have different textures, levels and layers, like these ones:
I've always been into rough art, you know, the one who has a lot of effort and thought in it, the one who was layers upon layers of fabric and paint. I can't help to imagine the artist himself sitting in his studio and spending hours to create such an almost 3Dimensional piece that instantly grabs your attention when you walk into the room.


Along with being 'obsessed' of texture in artworks, I'm also truly fascinated in colour palette, different shades and mixtures of them. That's why I'm so into abstract, sharp lines and contrast. Taking a piece of a photograph, extracting and analysing the colours has become my favourite thing to add to my sketchbook.


This piece even reminds me a lot of the Piet Mondrian’s Composition With Yellow, Blue And Red
and the famous YSL dress of it from The Mondrian collection. I can bet that the artist was in some way inspired by that iconic masterpiece.


What I love about modern art is that it's not only about paintings and installations, it's also about film and global problems.
It's no secret, at least I hope so, that Syria has been through a lot in the past decade or so in concerns of attacks, hunger and child abuse. This topic is incredibly touching and heartbreaking for us individuals who are happy, fully functioning and in good hands of our parents.
In one of the rooms, there was a short film running about a boy who hand-gestured and imitated the struggles children and other people had to go through in Syria.
The most emotional, sad, vulnerable and devastating exhibition out of them all.


If you are ever in London, don't hesitate, visit Tate Modern. Most of the exhibitions are free, but there are some that you have to purchase tickets to visit, that's why I didn't get a chance to enter the exhibition of Anni Albers.

All the love in the world,
Karolina x

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram