PANTONE Colour Of The Year 2019

As usual, Pantone released the Colour of The Year and for 2019 it's Pantone 16-1546 Living Coral. 

"An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge" - Pantone


Am I happy about this choice? Not really. I do love myself orange-yellow shades and bright pops of orange in an all-black outfit, but coral (?) - not my cup of tea. I just feel that this shade of orange doesn't really suit my skin tone seeing as though I'm super pale and I have neutral-pink undertones. From what I've seen and absorbed, coral shades look stunning on darker skin tones with yellow-red undertones. Women of colour look absolutely marvellous is bright colours in general!!

"Vibrant, yet mellow PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral embraces us with warmth and nourishment to provide comfort and buoyancy in our continually shifting environment.
In reaction to the onslaught of digital technology and social media increasingly embedding into daily life, we are seeking authentic and immersive experiences that enable connection and intimacy. Sociable and spirited, the engaging nature of PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral welcomes and encourages lighthearted activity. Symbolizing our innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits, PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral embodies our desire for playful expression." - Pantone
The lovely pink undertones in this shade of coral really bring the element of joy and positivity as well as productivity. If you noticed, a lot of stationery is usually made in pastels and corals. 

Corally shade are noticeable in fashion as well. Here are some examples of runway pieces that caught my eye: 

Here a lot of shades merge and play together to create similar shades of coral, but never have I seen the exact Panton 16-1546 Living Coral (or I might just need to need to dig deeper). But when I looked through Spring/Summer 2019 collections, I did notice that coral and red shades are a big part of the upcoming season. 

All the love in the world,
Karolina x 



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram