Whitney Museum of American Art

The Whitney museum was on our list as well, so we had to go in and cross one more thing out of that list. I didn't think I would enjoy this that much, but frankly, I did enjoy it. At first, I thought there would be a part about American music history, like jazz and R&B icons, but there wasn't. It was all about the art: some modern, contemporary, some classic brush strokes and portraits, there were many installations as well and I freaking love those. My beloved installations were incredible, they had everything: the sound, the story, the colour contrasts, the illusions, the lighting. 


I loved the paintings well, since I'm a sucker for colours contrasts and palettes, it's no surprise there! (Yeah I am sad that I didn't have time to go the colour factory, don't even get me started there)
One of the artists was actually born in Kaunas, Lithuania which is pretty cool, considering the fact that my country is relatively small and not a lot of people make it to the States. 

all pictures are mine

The colour contrasts and shadows really caught my attention to the point where I just stood there and admired every inch of that picture.
Some said that this is a better version of a contemporary art museum than the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). But I hadn't das a chance to visit that either, so I can't be the judge here.
See! So many things that I didn't get a chance to explore. Now this means that I truly need to go back to the city of my dreams and finish what I started..

All the love in the world,
Karolina x 



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram