Prabal Gurung Spring/Summer 2019 NY

For my summative project, I was given Prabal Gurung as a designer to compare the trend story to (mine is Bright&Bold). When I started to research his latest collection, it came to my mind that he is absolutely perfect when it comes to my given trend because his SS19 collection is all about colours, relaxed silhouettes and vivid patterns. 


Now I'm not usually drawn and compelled by the bright colour palette, for my own liking, it tends to be just a tad too much. I need to have the base tones like black, white or neutrals in order to experiment with colour. With this new Bright&Bold / maximalism trend, I find it hard to adapt to. Am I still mesmerised by Gurung's choice of colour, pattern and design? Abso-fucking-lutely! I'm that type of person who appreciates pieces that reach the runway, they are there to be watched and experienced, whether it's a ready-to-wear or an Haute-Couture collection.



I mean, if your eye does not immediately go to the bright scale in an outfit then you probably are colour blind or whatever (news flash: I'm extremely sarcastic). Human eye naturally grabs attention to the vivid colour palette, whether you want it or not and it has done it since 1960's when the whole Bright&Bold trend first emerged into everyday lives thanks to hippie culture and The Beatles. 

Gurung's recent collection truly opened my eyes of actually seeing the trend live and glowing on a runway because all I had seen before in terms of it were just retro photographs from books and Pinterest images. 

I truly adore the contemporary spin of the Bright&Bold trend that came from the dead.

All the love in the world,
Karolina x 





Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą

Instagram